Our mission is to ensure the preservation of Victoria's urban tramway heritage for the enjoyment and education of current and future generations.
In order to present the most authentic historical picture possible, this includes the operation of an electric tramway working according to historic principles, adjusted where required to comply with current legislative requirements.
We wish to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for our visitors and our staff, as we have a duty of care to both whilst they are visiting or working at our museum.
Since the establishment of the Melbourne Tramway Museum at Bylands, we have built up a significant amount of infrastructure:
- one kilometre of electric tramline on the former Heathcote Junction to Bendigo railway line
- tramway electric supply substation
- two tram depot buildings
- vehicle storage building for unrestored trams
- cable tramcar storage building
- motor vehicle storage building
- Visitor Centre
- Exhibition Goods Shed display building and workshop
The TMSV is a voluntary not-for-profit association incorporated under Victorian legislation, and as such donations over $2 by Australian residents are tax deductible. To join the TMSV, contact us, or download and send us a completed membership form.