The Tramway Museum Society of Victoria is a volunteer non-profit organisation, and we welcome new members interested in the preservation, restoration and operation of Victoria’s tramway heritage. Members are encouraged to assist in all areas of the TMSV’s operations.
Our Membership rate is $55.00 per annum or alternatively our Full Paid Life Membership is $550.00. A yearly surcharge of $4.40 is levied on all Full Paid Life Memberships. All fees include GST.
Benefits of membership:
- Bi-monthly newsletter "Running Journal"
- Free admission to our Melbourne Tramway Museum
- Social meetings throughout the year at which members can keep in touch with TMSV activities
- Organised tours by tram, train and bus/coach
- Free admission to kindred tramway museum groups throughout Australia and New Zealand upon presentation of a current Membership Card
- An opportunity for you to volunteer at the Melbourne Tramway Museum
Volunteering is a worthwhile and fulfilling activity, and the TMSV is always in need of people willing to volunteer their time and effort.
All of our workers are volunteers, in roles such as tram drivers and conductors, kiosk attendants, track workers and tramcar restorers.
If you have trade skills, we want you: if you don’t, we still want you — we will teach you.